CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

We have a new U.S Citizen


Sorry that we have been M.I.A for the past few days. The dial up at the hotel in Moscow sucked! Moscow was a learning experience for little Max. He had a time with the big city. We tried to go out a little bit everyday. We ventured off on Saturday for a few hours and he was ready to get back to the hotel when we were done. I felt bad dragging him around. I was very proud of him on Monday because he walked with us to the TGI Fridays for lunch. We walked all of the way down there and they were closed but isn't that always how is goes. This was a huge accomplishment for him.

He did great at the embassy which was another worry. There were about 4 other adoptive parents there with there kids so that really helped. After another LONG 10 hour plane trip we made it to New York. He was so tried! The lady at customs was so nice. He was crying and so she processed all of his paperwork right at the counter and did not make us go in the "little room". He is now a citizen!!!

We walk out of the airport and he immediately held his hands over his ears- all of the cars and noises can be a little much for him. Max had his first NYC cab ride to the hotel. He did great! I am so proud of him. He has been through so much in the last week. We will be home tomorrow! FINALLY!!!! I am so excited to see everyone.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sira,

It was so good to hear from you! I am so happy to hear you all made it safely to NYC. Sounds like Max is hanging in there and doing fine, but I'm sure you are ready to get him home :)

Owen is doing well so far...gets overstimulated VERY easily, but as long as we stick to the schedule, he's good. We had to go to the doctor today during the middle of his nap so he was worn out by the time we put him to bed at 8. Hopefully he won't wake up at 3 a.m. again tonight since he's so tired! We'll see!


We can't wait for Tuesday to come so we can also be home.

Congratulations again!

Talk to you soon,
Adrienne

Deb said...

Glad to hear you made it safely back to US soil. Hope the trip the rest of the way home goes well.

Anonymous said...

YES YES YES!!! This is wonderful!! Wow, now you need to change your "About Me" section to say you and Cliff have an amazing 2 year old son!

Anonymous said...

Sira, Cliff & Max

Welcome home!!!! Blaine mentioned to me that you were home (I hadn't read the blog yet today). Can't wait to see y'all!!!

Hugs, Jackie

Anonymous said...

Happy days are here.... can't wait to see all of you....

Anonymous said...

Sira, Cliff and Max:

Glad to hear from you and know you're back in the good ole USA. Max is such a cutie. I am so happy for all of you....See you soon :)

Love, Beth

Gary & Rosalie Clute said...

Great - back in the US - too bad you couldn't go directly home without NYC stop. So, how many nights were you gone in total?

Melissa said...

So great to hear that things are well & that the U.S. has a new citizen! I love the picture...and the fact that his coat is on backwards.

Adorable!

junglemama said...

Congratulations! He is a cutie!

God Bless and enjoy your new son!