CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 15, 2007

Staring to see the light at the end of the tunnel


We only have 4 more days until we take our little man for good. We had a nice visit today. We went to a new part of the baby home that we have never been. It was nice. It was like a gym and had some equipment. Max really wasn't intrested in anything there except his backpack that we brought for him. I also peeked in and saw his bed. It is like 25 box cars but only they are beds.

Everything that I brought for him to wear is too big. All the 24 month pants fall to the ground. Adrienne gave me some 12 month pants that seem to fit. I guess I just forgot how much of a peanut he is. It is starting to get harder to leave him because he is now getting attached to us. We know that we are coming back to get him but he doesn't. Now when we leave he is now getting a little upset.

Our friends from St Louis left today. They will now go back and wait for court. They are now going to wait the hardest wait of their lives. Soon they will have their little girl home. I am happy to be at the end of the process. Like I said before-it has all been well worth it but it was hard and a tough emotional ride.

We all went to a Armenian restaurant last night. The menu was in Russian and we had no translator. We did pretty good. The wine was great. The food was really good too but I don't think I want to know what I ate.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lissie & Cliff,

Happy Mother and Father's Day to you. Every little smile is a precious gift. We can't wait to see the three of you. We are enjoying the stories of the gourmet adventures. Take care and see you soon.

Love,
Ellen & Roger

Becky and Keith said...

Oooo... mystery food! :-) It was probably just chicken! :-) 4 more days - how exciting! I can't imagine how hard it must be for him and for you to see how hard it is on him. 4 days will fly on by. Hang in there! Best wishes for a safe trip to Moscow.

Anonymous said...

Hello Lissie and Cliff,
We have really enjoyed the stories and the pictures. Max is soooo cute! Can't wait to meet him in person. I'm so glad to hear how quickly he has become attatched to you guys. How is the weather out there? Hope better than the food sounds anyway. We are still laughing at Cliff making animal noises at the grocery store, I'm sure you both will have lots of stories to tell when you get home.
Take care,
Lisa and Ronnie

Deb said...

I haven't read your archives to see how long you had been waiting. But even a week would seem long when you're waiting to bring your boy home.

So glad he's starting to attach and that you are almost together forever.

Anonymous said...

Well if you don't want to know what you ate, neither do I :-0

4 more days--YIPEE! I guess you'll be going shopping when the three of you finally get home (unless you buy in Moscow).

The baby home doesn't sound very big to me at all. Were you or are you able to take pictures of the inside or is that taboo?

Keep blogging!!!!!

Hugs, Jackie

Anonymous said...

been chekcing in, but havent't let any message u know who i am ... all i have to say is hurry home with your new family... be safe... can't wait to see you and yours:):)

Gary & Rosalie Clute said...

Is that the Armenian restaurant near the Vlad Inn? We passed by it a few times and wondered if it would be ok.

Only a few more days!

Anonymous said...

Sira-
I have been following your blog for the past several months. I am so excited for you and Cliff!! He is a beautiful and lucky little boy!
Love,
Brodie