CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Home Sweet Home


Tonight I laid my son down to sleep in our home. I have waited for this day for two years. I feel like this is a dream. I don't mean to sound too sappy but I can't believe he is here...in this house...sleeping...in this house!!!

What a day! Max was a perfect gentleman on the plane- he did much better then the businessman that threw a fit because he had to sit back a few rows because Max needed a parent sitting beside him. Some people are just born assholes- Oh well. The other people on the plane made him feel bad. There were a few men on the plane that told me and Max to stay put and then the man walked politely on to he sit a couple rows back. These guys were so nice- they knew the situation with Max and that he was a newly adopted kid.

Grandma and Grandpa Christensen were anxiously waiting on the new addition with tons of balloons (which were a hit) and he was so happy to see them. Wow! He has never had grandparents and now he has two sets. He still has to meet Grandma and Grandpa Weaver which should be soon. He really loves the attention! He is learning very fast that everything he does the grandparents think is adorable.

Cliff and I were very happy to see our other "kids" Logi (Loganberry) and Bossman. They were also very happy to see us! I think they didn't think that we were coming home anymore. Max was afraid of the dogs at first but after a couple of hours he came around. He was in such a happy mood today! It was good to see Blaine today! Hope to make my rounds soon.

Anyway- I just want everyone to know that Max is doing great and thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your prayers. All of those prayers and well wishes (and the don't give ups) helped bring this small frail boy home so he can grow to be a boy with the world as his oyster here in Murrells Inlet. No pun intended!

9 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Oh my goodness! I'm truely so excited for you and just read your post with tears in my eyes! It must be so wonderful to sleep in your own bed and be in your own world with your boy... finally! Congratulations from the bottom of my heart!

Anonymous said...

I now see that you're home.. Hurray so glad. Check out the email I sent you. When can I come by and get a peek at the wee one? I know you're trying to bond and get adjusted. Email me or call and let me know. I may come for a quick trip on Friday, let me know if it is good for you, if not call me, I may swing by if it's okay, if not, I completely understand, and not a problem, but keep in touch and let me know, your friend as always, angel

Anonymous said...

FINALLY!!!!!!!!

Welcome home! Can't wait to meet Max

Hugs, Jackie

Anonymous said...

I cryed again reading your blog. That has been an ongoing reenactment throughout your journey.

AMAZING! Your dreams have finally become a reality...I bet it does still feel like a dream!

I am so glad you are safe and sound at home. Can't wait to meet that adorable little guy. See you soon.

Love you all, Beth

MandyJo013078 said...

Sira -
I'm so happy for you, Max and Cliff. It's so great that you've got Max home safe and sound. I've been reading your blog and flowing along! It's so exciting to see another family complete! In one sense I'm so nervous about starting my journey and in another sense I'm so excited. Parenthood... I can't wait to get there! Keep the posts coming and I appreciate hearing your family's story!
Thanks,
Amanda :)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for you to get settled so we can catch up on everything. Wow, home with your very own US citizen...nice. Congrats on brining this crazy long journey to a close!

Anonymous said...

Hey there Sira and Cliff! Congratulations! I am so happy to read your blog and to see that things are going so well. We are doing well. As you know, the wait is agonizing...
Keep us posted. Yours,

Koby.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Sira,
I am weeping from reading your post--happy tears of course! It must feel so good to finally have Max at home. I keep telling Jim "I can't wait to see Owen at home." Just a few more days!! I am happy to hear you are all doing well, including Logan and Bossman, and I can't wait to see more pictures.
Love,
Adrienne

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Thanks so much for your comments on our blog. We're looking forward to getting home! Our goal is just to make it through the flight, sleep or no sleep :)

I'm glad to hear Max is adjusting well. I'm sure having your parents there was a big help to you!

Please do visit us when you come to town! We'd love to see you 3 and for Owen to meet Max.

Talk to you soon,
Adrienne