CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Moscow or Bust



So I don't want to jinx myself but day 2 went great too. Max even missed his nap. We went downtown to pick up his passport and go to the doctor's and we made it back to the hotel all in one piece (including Chad, Milayla and Jenena) The doctor was an odd experience but Max was fine with her. Not like she did much she was like 150 years old- must have been one of Lenin's old ladies.

He is doing so unexpectedly well. I have even noticed a difference in the way he stands. He seems taller because he stands up. He smiles and laughs more. I can't believe I am saying this but I think he has a sense of humor. He learned the word "kiss" today. The big test will be the 9 hour flight to Moscow- ouch!

Ok, I LOVE Vladivostok. The city is like Chicago in the 1920's. It's full of good old fashion Russian Mafia but in a way that is what gives the city it's charm. It is full of off shore importing and exporting kinda like Maimi. Nothing like going down to the hotel restaurant and seeing the Dons surrounded by thier bodyguards. They have been nothing but nice to us- can't complain. It is a city that we will always have a connection with because this is the birth place of our son. I hope to come back and show him where his journey started. Now with all that being said- I can't wait to get to Moscow tomorrow. I know it is still not home but it is closer at least I will be in Europe!

I can't wait to get home and have Max at home. Also I can't wait for everyone to meet him. I hope he does good with the 15 hour difference in Myrtle. This kid is going to be put through so much! One hotel in Vlad then a new hotel in Moscow- then a new home with two big dogs! He will travel more the 10,000 miles and over 3 continents- more then most adults in their whole lifetime. Please pray that he does not scream the entire time on the plane- thx

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sira,

It sounds as if Max is adjusting to your family beautifully! It also sounds like you’re a natural mom! Congratulations on your son. Max looks tall. I’m waiting to go back and pick up my son who will be 2 in September. This wait is hard (I last saw him in February)! My son was a little peanut at 17 months I can’t imagine he will be coloring when I get back. It’s so fun to see families who are complete. I hope mine will be soon. Good luck with the travel!

Anonymous said...

Sira,
I just read you last entry and it made me cry. I am so happy for you and Cliff. You both will be the best parents that little Max could ever dream of having. Dalton feel asleep on my chest last night, and the bond between us is so strong. I know that a bond like that will soon be between you and Max. The time that you spend with Max will be the best times of your life. We will be praying for your safe return home, and for peaceful travel. Don't worry about Max, as long as you are with him, he will be fine! The entry of you leaving Max with Cliff while you went into town reminds me of when I leave Dalton with Stephen. It brings joy to your heart when you return and see them playing and bonding. Well I must go for now, but please know that we are praying for you all every night in our night-night prayers. Love you all,
Angela

Melissa said...

Best wishes for an easy flight!! We'll be thinking about you, and can't wait to hear how it goes!! :)

Anonymous said...

See he has a stick in his hand, I told you he was going to be a hockey player. Now it's just a matter of what team he plays for.

Anonymous said...

Obviously the whole journey was meant to be.....from the day you all saw the first picture and made the decision!!

Everyone cannot wait to meet him-

Hope all the travels go well.

xxoo
Blaine

Anonymous said...

Max seems to be a really great kid as you are his great parents. Have a safe trip. We will be praying for you.

Elena, Ronnie and Aleksander

Anonymous said...

Have a safe flight to Moscow. It's almost over! Can't wait to meet Max.

Hugs, Jackie

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a safe trip home.I cant wait to see Max.He is so cute.Im sure you and Uncle Cliff will be so happy when you and Uncle Cliff get home.


xoxo Desiree

Anonymous said...

I missed spelled some words in one of the sentences.Desiree

Valerie said...

Congrats and best of luck to you on your journey home!

Unknown said...

Hang in there, you are in the home stretch now. Just a couple more days until you are home. Max is a cutie. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

He'll do great! I'm sure by now you are either on your way or in Moscow (so by the time you read this it will only be an 8 hour time change). I was showing Darren the pictures last night and we were talking about how blessed we ALL are...parents just as much as the children.