Sorry that I haven't posted pictures. The Wi Fi in the hotel is currently down and all of the pictures are on the laptop. I am using the hotel's land line at the moment. I will post them as soon as it is back up.
So yesterday all of us decided to venture out into the city without our translator and do some shopping and site seeing. We are so brave. We hired a driver and he didn't speak much English however he did have an idea of what we wanted to achieve. Everything was fine we walked around and took some pictures and even went to an American style resturant- Magic Burger.
First of all we picked Magic Burger because they had pictures to point at. You would think that you could just walk up to the counter and say "Magic Burger" hence the name! Well after we finally got our food we all sat at the table examining it. There was hardly any meat on the burger and the meat that was on it had a fishy after taste. We all took a couple of bits of our Magic Burgers and then we put them down except Chad who ate 2 of them and everyone else's fries. Still hoping he make it through!
The rest of the day went fine. At around 4am I awoke and Magic Buger was back and wanted to rumble! After puking the rest of the night I felt like I needed an ambulance! Cliff never got sick because he has a stomach of steele! I am just now rolling myself out of the room at 430pm. Irena called and told me to come down and meet a family on there first trip. I am sure I looked like hell! Luckly Chad and Jenena explained why I looked like a crazy woman.
Irena then thought it was so funny- "No go to Magic Buger ever" this is the worst resturant in Vladivostok. So next time I will make sure I am with a translator.
Thanks for all the comments. We are going absolutely crazy! Only 7 more days until we can pick Max up and 9 more until we can leave for Moscow. I actually was trying to play a broken guitar that I found in the rec room only after the 9th game of Yatzee. I am losing my mind!
I am now going down to chat with the new family and let them know they should have brought 100 dvd's to watch.
We don't see Max again till Wed- again due to the Russian Independence Day.
Also I know my spelling is horrible! - No spell check because I am in Russia.
Monday, June 11, 2007
No more Magic Burger EVER!
Posted by Sira at 12:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
i love the magic burger story!! it stinks you were sick, but at least you have a "whopper" to tell (ok, so bad, i know). This is your third day of waiting, and for us that's when things started to get better. i'm sure once wednesday rolls around and you have daily visits to look forward to, things will seem to pick up.
Hi Sira! I am so excited for you and Cliff. I know you cannot wait until the moment you can take Max home with you but I also know just knowing that he is legally yours is a big relief. Congratulations to all of you. Be safe in your travels. Judy
We'll be sure to avoid Magic Burger when we return.
Part of our daily routine was going on internet in our room at Vlad Inn - having wi-fi down would be a problem! And we brought many DVDs with us including an entire season of "Friends" episodes. But I can see how you can restless even with all that.
Say hi to Victor for us when you go to the baby home (sounds like you are at the same one as us) - hopefully he rememebers us and is looking at the photo book we left him!
Notes for our next trip to Vlad - stay clear of Magic Burger.
Hope you are feeling better soon.
How's the weather in Vlad this time of year, I hear it is pretty mild.
Kay
Hi from a stranger, but fellow Vlad adopter of another "Maxim"! And Irina was our coordinator also. Our little guy is 2 and a real gem!
I came across your blog in a search for Vladivostok info.
I'm glad we didn't go to Magic Burger, but when were in Moscow, we both got ahold of some bad food and I was deathly ill all the way home on the plane of all places! (first trip thank God)
Congrats, and hope the wait seems shorter to you than it did to me! OY!!!!
Rae Ann
I just realized, there are so many Irina's.. we could be talking about a different one!
Rae Ann
Post a Comment