CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 22, 2007

Moscow

We made it to Moscow. Guess what- Max is not a huge fan of the airplane. He sleep exactly one hour of the whole 9 hour flight. He had a bit of a breakdown durning the second hour. I was taking him toward the bathrooms when the flight attendant informed me that my child would disturb the 3 business class passengers on the flight. I took my terrified, tired, and screaming child back to our seats then this intelligent lady gave my TWO YEAR OLD markers to shut him up. The good news is he did not cry anymore but she will need to take a magic eraser to row 13 (and part of 14). They have some pretty tray tables!

The time difference is really difficult on the little man. We walked a few blocks to find some breakfast this morning and it was too over stimulating for him. Their were so many people and loud noises. He starts to breakdown if it gets too much. He was getting a little nervous at the Moscow airport. We found it better to walk him around our floor of the hotel. Even the lobby can be too much for him. He can do okay in the lobby for about 20 minutes. He is fine in the room! His new discovery is the flushing toilet. He fines this to be the greatest thing in the world right now.

I was lucky enough to run out and do a little shopping at the galleria near by. Cliff watched him for an hour so I could find him a bathing suit for the hotel pool. Tomorrow we are going to try Lenin's tomb and Gorky Park. We will see how he handles the big world tomorrow- like I said some days are better then others.

He is doing well all things considered. I really think we will be better to have him home were it is just us. Sorry no pictures- I am working off of dial up here in Moscow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and Max did a great job in a plane!
Dina is waiting for your call or email. She has a list of places for you to visit on your choice - historical and other sightseeings, zoo, parks etc. There is also a flea market where you can buy a lot of nice souvenirs. I hope Max will not be very tired to walk around.
Lena

Anonymous said...

You are almost done!! When exactly do you come home? and hey, that 9 hour trip is crazy long...sounds like he did great (even if it didn't seem like it at the time). And yes, things will be so much better once you are home. YOU will be more comfortable which will help him as well.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Whew! One hour of sleep? Guess that's what we have to look forward to soon! All things considered, it sound like Max is doing GREAT, and we know you are doing a great job with him! It's good you can sense when he is overstimulated--such a big world out there compared to what they're used to, isn't it?

I'm glad you were able to get out on your own for a little while, and I'd love to know more about the flea market Lena commented about.

Have you tried out the Ergo carrier yet?

Glad things are going well. I know everything will be much better when you get home and it can be consistent for Max.

He's so cute! We love looking at your pictures on the blog.

We miss having you here at the Vlad Inn! Only 2 more days 'til we get Owen!

Have a good day,
Adrienne

Anonymous said...

Max will get used to people in time. Right now you and Cliff are all he needs. Did you find a swimsuit for Max?

Keep blogging

Hugs, Jackie

Melissa said...

Sounds like your flight was interesting! Are you home yet?? Can't wait to get an update!