
They shaved the poor kids head again! What's up with that?
Yes we did get custody of Max about 5:30 pm tonight. I am so happy that we got him earlier then expected. We still do not get to leave Vladivostok early but who cares we have our son.
Leaving today was bitter sweet. Although we knew that he was going to leave for a better life he was leaving the only stable life he has ever known. There were tears. I cried, he cried, and I can't say for sure but Cliff may have shed a tear. He didn't understand what was happening. I don't even know if he has ever been in a car other than the one that brought him to the baby home. He was very brave.
He screamed for about 1 minute inside of the car and then for the rest of the 40 minute drive back to the hotel he was silent. This is so stressful for these kids.
He ate fine but bedtime was another hurdle. He is doing pretty good.
We have him and he is great! I can't wait to have him get to know us more over the next days. He is everything I could have ever wanted and more- same with Cliff. Cliff has been so great with him. Max loves his Papa!
Monday, June 18, 2007
Happy Gotcha Day
Posted by Sira at 7:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

19 comments:
i feel so emotional right now! this process has been so long and it all comes down to this moment. it won't be easy but will get better when he's finally in his new home. CONGRATS!!! i am absolutely head of heels for him right now!
Congratulations!! What a life you have a head of you... it's going to be so wonderful and Max is so lucky to have both of you. Leaving the orphanage had to be hard, but when he realizes he doesn't have to leave the both of YOU, he'll realize how lucky he is. Enjoy the rest of your time in Vlad and best wishes with the next leg of the trip!
Hay, I am so happy for you.... you and your family will be home soon... can't wait to meet Max...
Congratz to the new family. Such a wonderful feeling to have him right there with you now all the time. No more goodbyes.
Hi:
An emotional moment for me seeing Max in your arms and reading today's blog. I am so happy for you, Cliff, and Max! :)
Wishing you all a safe trip back home. A brand new world now awaits a very lucky little boy!
See you soon!
Love, Beth
Look at you Sira!! Congatulations to you both and to Max!!
Rufus is working on his manners to meet Max.
Blaine
I'm cyring like a baby in my office looking at the pic of you and Max in the car. (Tears of happiness, of course!) Congrats to all three of you! Victoria
Grandpa and Grandma “C” are ecstatic. Grandma is with Boss and Logan. As lucky as Max is, you and Cliff are equally lucky to have such a great little guy. Can’t wait to see him on US soil.
Love Her and Me
Like Victoria just posted, I've got happy tears right now! What a wonderful picture of you and Max. It's almost over with.
Hugs, Jackie
Cliff and Sira,
We are so happy for you guy's. Max is going to come to a happy home. Ben can't wait to meet him. We have a bunch of 12 or 18 month stuff if you can use some when you get back let us know and we'll ship some down. See you soon.
Jimmy, Kathleen and Ben
Sira,
Tell Blaine not to worry about Rufus. It's Beau that you need to watch. He needs a shrink.
Jimmy
Congratulations - just a little longer until you are back in the U.S.
Adrienne told us about your encounter with Victor today - thanks so much for checking in on him - it sounds like he may even remember us! Can't wait until we have our car ride back to the Vlad Inn together.
Lissi, we are very happy for you Cliff and Max. We can't wait to meet him. Have a safe trip home. I'm proud of you.
Lissi,
We are very happy for you and Cliff. I can't imagine how happy you must be right now.
We wish you a quick and safe return home for all of you!
Rob, Kellie, Charlie, Alex and Robbi
We recived your e-mail - thanks!
We sent you a response to your e-mail account also when you get a chance to check it.
He's adorable. I'm so happy for you. What a process.... You should be commended for the kind of determination it takes to deal with that. I'm really happy for you guys and I wish you the best.
I have been following your blog. Max is precious. What a beautiful family. Things will be hard at first, but they can only get better. I wish you all the best.
Marie
Angel and Bruce say hey. Here at Therapy looking at the new baby. Great lookin' kid. Congratulations and much happiness.
Glad to see that you finally have him with both of you. We are looking forward to meeting our new nephew as soon as all of you are settled. have a safe trip home. I (your sister) couldn't be more happy and proud of you. Congrats to you all.
love,
Gina, Flea, Kayla, Grantt, and Bear
Post a Comment