CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Water Boy!



Surfer Baby

My kid loves the water! Beach, pool, bath- Our new thing is the water park Wild Water and Wheels in Surfside Beach. At first I just thought that I would take him for an hour or so no big deal. I just wanted to do something new with him. I really didn't know if he would like it or not. I know that he likes our pool at home but this was so different- loud, a lot of people, not to mention colorful. There is just so much going on.

Max was in love the first time we got in the pool in the kiddie area! They had slides and waterfalls- he ate it all up! He never seizes to amaze me. His favorite was the lazy river. He loved the waterfall that we went under. Again- most little ones cry at the waterfall, Max just hugged my neck very tight and laughed. We stayed for 4 hours- and boy did he have a nice nap when we got home.


We are going back tomorrow! Also I can put 50 spf on my kid and he just gets darker and darker. I am so jealous! He actually tans in seconds. I can walk in a parking lot from my car to the door of the store and he will have a farmers tan just from the walk- I have never seen anything like it.

MAX DOING MORE YARD WORK


We received some good news from MUSC. All of Max's blood work came up normal. No anemia and his cell count is normal. We are going to have another occupational therapist come to the house this Thur. I like the idea of using someone local that makes house visits. She will able to to observe him in his environment and not a doctor's office.

Other news- Max's baptism is Aug 18 at 5pm- with a reception following at our home- open invitation. Max will be flying to Ohio next week to visit his Grandparents. I am praying that he does not have a breakdown on the plane. Too bad we are not going to Nashville. I would love to see Adrienne, Jim, and Owen (Max's Artyom cousin) and also stop by CHI and show Max to Brenda and the staff. Maybe next month!

Max also made news please check out the following link. And yes that is a Johnny Cash shirt he is wearing http://www.wpde.com:80/news/viewarticle.asp?view=5790. Very exciting.

Max also had his first night in his room. Before he was sleeping in a pack in play in our room. He went to sleep fine and slept all night. I miss him right next to me but I want him to have his own space. He is doing great! Here is a picture of him and his new home.

7 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

What an absolutely precious child he is. You can see how much he has grown and how happy he is! I love the pic of him in front of the house - he looks so teeny tiny! :-) I'm so glad everything is going well. Keep us posted on the OT visit - I'd love to hear how it goes and what they say!
Best wishes -Becky

MandyJo013078 said...

Sira!!

He just keeps getting CUTER! The news article is sweet! So is the visiting the grandparents in Ohio. I have grandparents in Ohio too! It's a little town called Greenville - where Annie Oakley is from - not sure if you've heard of it! Hope you have a safe trip and let me know how it goes with the OT lady! Also congrats on the good blood work! I'm so happy for you three that everything is working out so well! MandyJo

Anonymous said...

Alex tans like that too!! It's amazing, and I too am jealous! That's aweseome he's doing so well physically and loves the water park. It's great to get out of the house and do fun things. And good for him sleeping in his own room!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

That is cute that they announced Max as the newest family member of the tv station! It is great that he is doing so well around people at the water park. Also, I'm glad to hear that his blood tests came back normal. It sounds like he is doing very well! I'll be interested to hear how the in home OT visit goes. Is this through an Early Intervention program in your state? I hope the visit goes well!

Carey and Norman said...

Max is adorable and doing so well. I'm so glad he enjoyed the water park and didn't get scared of the slides or the large number of people. We took our 2 1/2 year old son to a water park on vacation and he was a little nervous of all the slides.

On the potty post, I want to know how they potty train children so young. Our son only goes to the potty when he wants HoHo Gummies (a reference to gummies we bought him at Christmas). We continue to fill up the HoHo box with gummies and he gets some when he uses the big boy potty. He will tinkle occasionally, but no number 2. He knows when he goes, because he immediately wants his pants changed. I cannot figure it out. Everyone says boys are harder and don't fret until he is three.

Sounds like you are enjoying your summer and time together. Great tv news article.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Owen is tan now too! I can hardly believe it! I keep sunscreen on him, and I rarely wear any when we're just out for a walk (I know, that's bad), and he is already darker than I am!

Max is so adorable. I loved reading about the water park. I could just picture him going under the little waterfall as he was clinging to you!

I wish you were coming here too! Maybe soon :O)

Have a great trip! I hope the airplane ride goes very well.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Okay, Sira, I need updated pictures!! :)