CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I am a SLACKER



OK so I have slack off at keeping up with my blog. I have just taken a couple of weeks off because I have been so busy! First the trip to Ohio to see my parents was a total success! Max was perfect on all of the flights and the connections. I was so scared because he was not so great on the other flights from Russia. It was just Max and Mommy Cliff stayed home. I was also scared that he may have thought that he was going back to Russia. He sat right next to me with no problems at all. He just looked out the window and waved "bye bye" "pocka pocka" He is turning into a traveling pro. Grandma and Grandpa had a great time with him.



Max also had his Christening last Saturday. He did great! Such a beautiful little boy. He had Daddy hold him. He didn't cry one bit- except when we went up for communion- not too happy about us leaving him behind. Thanks to everyone who came! We were so happy to see you all.




I thought that I would write down a couple of differences between being the single working woman and being a mommy. For those of you having or adopting your first child you know your life will change but you really don't exactly know how- so here are some things I thought I would share.

1. No matter how expensive the designer bag if you have a two year old it will have crumbs from so sort of snack in the bottom.
2. Always, always, always take an extra diaper and an extra change of clothes no matter how short the trip- even if you are running to the grocery store- better yet keep an emergency supply in your car at all times.
3. Keep the dogs away from the highchair and the child away from the dog bowl. For some reason they like to "share" food.
4. Everyone likes to give advice on and about your child- something you just have to get over.
5. Your life that revolved around business meetings and happy hours now revolves around poop and nap time- or in my case "kahcka" and nap time.

6. It is almost impossible to change in a dressing room when you are with a toddler. Give it up and just go when Daddy has his time with the kid- go alone.
7. Your child will have a breakdown when least expected- usually in a public place. My only advice is to just have a sense of humor.
8. If you have a two year old there is no need to order off the kid's menu- they are more interested in the salt and pepper shakers and straws. Save the money for #9.
9. No matter how much you are aware that you child will out grow something in a month you will still fork out the money for the cutest most expensive outfits for them. I think you get over this after you have another child.
10. Wearing white (parents) is totally out of the question- I will let you know at what age that changes (the kid).
11. No matter how crazy your kid makes you- they can just look up at you and give you a kiss and crawl into your arms and it makes up for all the kahcka in the world!!!
12. Two year olds can unlock and lock doors including deadbolts. This is a fact! Be prepared.
13. You will never expect to ever feel so protective over a little person. No one can prepare you for it but it starts once you first see that kid- that is why I know how hard the court wait is. Guess what- it doesn't end once you have custody.

I also want to let you all that are on the "hate to wait" list (waiting for referrals and court dates) You are in our thoughts and prayers. I hope to hear that things will start moving soon.

9 comments:

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Great list!! I look forward to being able to experience all of those things first hand!! :) I'm glad you all are doing well. It sounds like Max is doing great and that your trip to visit your parents went smoothly! Thanks for keeping us updated!

Melissa said...

GREAT to have you back in the posting world!! I've held myself back from bugging you incessantly for an update!

I loved your list...and can say that I totally agree with all of it! ;)

Troy and Rachel said...

I especially like #7 on your list. Your advice there is priceless!! I love the picture of Max with his grandpa and the dog. Good to see an update from you - (BTW we just ordered the Ergo carrier too - I heard it's great)

Carey and Norman said...

Great Post! I was going to ask about the carrier (since our little one will be three when we travel), but Rachel answered it in her post. Thanks Rachel.

Sounds like you had a great trip to visit your parents. Max looked adorable in his Christening outfit.

Loved the list, as we have a 2 1/2 year old. I absolutely agree with the entire list. We have learned to stay away from white for both ourselves and our son and have also learned that more expensive (with a boy) is not always better!

Thanks for sharing your update and pictures.

Looking forward to the next post.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

LOVED this post! I understand the "busy"ness you've had lately!

The picture of the 3 of you on Christening day is beautiful!! Max's hair looks like it's growing, and he looks so adorable in every picture.

I'm so glad he did well on your trip. He is such a great kid, isn't he?! I totally feel the over protective feeling you talked about too. You just love them so much you don't even want to think about something happening to them. Who knew it would be this great?!

:)

Becky and Keith said...

So glad you are back! I've been dying to see pictures of that handsome little boy! He is so precious! Sounds like you've had an exciting couple of weeks and glad he is doing so well. Rachel has talked me into the ergo carrier too! Glad to see it holds him so well.

MandyJo013078 said...

Sira -
I finally posted! I've been overwhelmed w/ some things lately. Which you can read about in my blog! I love the pic of you and Max! He's so sweet! I loved the list of the Mommy things and can't wait to be there! Max looks like he is growing and it's so great to get some more pictures! Where is your family in Ohio? I have family in Greenville, Ohio & I know that I'll be traveling there once in a while after adopting. Anyway - I better keep it short! Thanks for all your positive comments and feedback I really really appreciate you!
MandyJo

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! Perhaps the longest blog EVER, but still so fun and true. #9 was my favorite (and the one about crumbs in the bottom of the bag.) Glad everything went well. You all make a gorgeous family!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sira,
My name is Arrione Galvin and my husband, son and I are in the waiting process for a little girl from Krasnyarsk, Russia. I had met Debbie through our CHI region chatgroup, and she listed your blog under her favorites. My son's name is Max, so of course, I had to see pictures of your little boy. He is ADORABLE!!! (especially in his Baptism saddle oxfords!) We moved from Nashville (our hometown) to Phoenix 3 years ago and nobody dresses quite like us Southerners out here:) Anyway, I have a question for you--Where did you purchase the blue child sling pictured in this post? It looks great!! I only have a baby bjorn from when my son was born and I think it will be too small for my little girl (age 1-3). My e-mail is BaileyA2@yahoo.com if you are able to reply to this. Thanks for the blog and keeping me inspired when I my heart feels like giving up!!
Arrione
PS
My husband is in the process of setting up our family a "blog" on myspace.com

http://www.myspace.com/galvinaz