CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 25, 2008




As a parent I have learned that your kid can surprise you at the oddest moments. The other day after picking Max up from school he was in the backseat and I was trying to pick through his words to figure out his day. I like to hear who did what and who had pudding in their lunch box and of course who went to time out! All of the sudden I heard “put hand on heart” … “what do you mean put your hand on heart, monkey man?” (Yes we call him monkey man!!!) Right then I hear the faint whispers of the Pledge of Allegiances. I was speechless. I just let him finish and stared at amazement! He did very well. He had trouble with “under God” which he said something more like under dog and Republic was more like Replica and indivisible was indibizzzable (like it was with everyone of us) I just can’t believe my little guy is growing up.


I am very happy with his new school. Our pediatrician who got us in the school told me today that he is always happy and talking up a storm when she picks up her two kids.

The wedding is like 6 weeks away, we just registered last weekend. See I thought this part would be fun, and it was for the most part but we almost divorced before we even got married. Seems we have differences on what we want and/or need. Everything is falling into place (I think) Cheryl is everything falling into place? I did just get a message from the dress shop that my dress is in and I need to schedule my first fitting.

I do want to mention that our good friends in Houston survived Hurricane Ike however they were out of power for like a week! OUCH. Fingers crossed that all the tropical depressions out there stay off our coast and out of the Gulf.

Other then that we are ignoring the economy crisis and just pretending it’s not real, looking for pumpkins, and saying the Pledge of Allegiance a lot! Also notice the picture of the house above. The house belongs to Vanna White and is right around the corner from us. It is my dream house! I am waiting for it to come up on a foreclosure list!!!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

That's so neat that he is saying the pledge of allegiance!

Glad the wedding plans are going well!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

How cute! I love that he is learning the Pledge! He is so smart! Wow!

Good luck with your wedding plans!

Rachel said...

Ok, first, I just realized I never sent in the RSVP!! I'm doing that as soon as I get off the computer.

Second, that is SOOO amazing that Max is doing the Pledge!! OMGOSH! That just makes me so happy. I can't wait to meet you guys IN PERSON!

Carey and Norman said...

Aren't children amazing? I love how their little minds work. They are so precious. I wish I could have heard his first pledge.

So excited about your wedding plans and look forward to seeing wedding photos soon.

Great house too. A wedding present?