I know I know… All I can say is that I blame it on SUMMER! We have been at the beach or on the boat when we aren’t at work, sleeping or watching the Olympics. It really surprises me that I have been away for so long because I love my blog outlet! I miss my blog outlet!
I have so many updates. First and foremost Max has broken the 30lbs milestone. Seems he had a growth spurt over the summer. He is now FINALLY on the growth charts. 25% on height and weight, I was brutally attacked by a jelly fish from the bowls of hell, my sister had a baby (yeah!!!), and my sixteen year old niece spent 6 weeks with me, oh yeah… I am planning a wedding.
Maxim has his first day of school (3-K) today. This is a totally new school. It was a pain to get in but my doctor helped (she has two from Russia who attend) and me stalking the director probably helped too. This is a “school” and not a daycare. All of his teachers at his other daycare gave him a card on his last day and I turned into the totally sappy Mom when I read all of the incredible things they wrote. Mostly having to do with how far he has come. Max was re-evaluate and I am happy to say my little genius tested in the 90% for his age (whatever that means) Honestly I try not to put too much stalk in the tests the “experts” give. However it is always nice when they say… “Your child is far too advanced for OT and speech!!!”
I hate to see the summer end… but here in South Carolina we have a month or so left of humid, hot, disgusting weather which I absolutely LOVE! My son is now a pretty good swimmer which is always a good and bad thing when you are a parent to a 3 year old. What I mean is that I want him to be comfortable in the water and not fear it… but at the same time FEAR IT! He is pretty smart and knows that we don’t go in the water without Mommy and Papa.
My sixteen year old niece from Illinois spent the bulk of the summer with us. She totally turned into a beach girl (I think.) She has updated my MySpace page so I am now down with the cool kids. She has also turned me into a total Metro Station fan.
Now about that jelly fish. For as long as I lived here I have never been attached by a jelly fish, shark, oysters (long story) however on this particular day the jelly fish from hell found me! I was at the beach with Cliff, Max, and his family. Max and I were letting the waves crash over us (it was pretty rough that day) so I brought Max back to the sand so he could play. As I went back out the damn thing got me. I really thought it was a shark. I was out too deep to see it at first so I tried to see how much I was bleeding to my surprise there was no blood. Cliff and his nieces and nephews thought I was crazy. It wasn’t until a week later until I sought medical attention. It was so gross and swollen. It is going to leave nasty scar- tentacles and all. It just wasn’t healing at all. The doctor finally figured out that I was allergic to the venom… only me this would happen to!
I can’t wait to meet the newest member of the family… Luke Marshall Grant, my brand new nephew. Max can’t wait either he won’t shut up about “baby Luke”
Other then that the wedding stuff is going fine… We are still getting married no matter what the tabloids are saying. THANK YOU CHERYL!!! My new best friend whom I love love love is helping so very much.
Monday, August 25, 2008
I am a Pirate 200 years to Late
Posted by Sira at 12:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hi Sira! Glad to hear that Max is doing so well. Sorry about your jellyfish sting...I've never had one but heard they are horrible!
PLEASE tell me you got a picture of the sting! Now THAT would be good times (now that it's all better I mean...)
GO MAX! I'm so proud of that boy and how much he has accomplished in a year!
Go Max!! Sounds like he is doing just great!! I have to admit that I'm jealous of your couple more months of hot, humid weather!! So sorry to hear about the jellyfish. I got stung once when I was younger and we were told to dump vinegar on it which worked. thankfully not allergic. I hope your leg heals up better than you think it will. Hope it's not so long between your posts next time!
I cannot imagine. I've heard how much they heard, but now I can see why someone would be willing for a person to pee on them :o)
Glad Max is doing so well. That is exciting news. I'm so excited about your wedding plans and cannot wait to hear more.
Enjoy the rest of your summer!!
Post a Comment