CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 23, 2008

Texas Is Now 2 Words


Max and Mikayla spent their first Gotcha Day together, therefore they will spend them together always well, with weather and travel permitting. If you don't know the history these two have, here it is in a nutshell:

I met Mikayla's parents on a flight to Moscow. We learned then we were going to the same region (our agency never let either of us know.) We went to Vlad together on trip 1. We went to the MOE together and met our children and learned they were only a few weeks apart in age. This was neat because they asked for 4 and under and I said 3 and under. We waited the excruciating 17 weeks for a court date together, only to find out our court hearings were one hour apart. We received custody on the same day. We spent a week in Moscow together.

Here they are in Moscow last year...



They were very comforted by each other on that journey. They were with people they didn't know so having each other was very bonding. Guess what they remembered each other. Max now says "Mikayla's from Russia but lives in Texas YeeHaw (thanks Cliff) but Max only lives in "merica" meaning America. I guess South Carolina is too much right now. So, every time someone asks "where were you this week" Max answers "Texas YeeHaw"

Here they are a year later... Wow they have changed.



10 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Love the photos of Max and Mikayla. It is so wonderful to hear how you had one another during your journies.

You letter to Max was so heartfelt and sweet. Our children are truly a blessing to each of us. I agree that we are changed because of their love.

Happy Gotcha Day!

Rachel said...

Once again, SOOO cute! I love this story...amazing.

Nancy said...

Oh my gosh! I hadn't heard that story. How precious!

MandyJo013078 said...

That is such a sweet story. The kids are so cute! What a great thing for them to have each other and know that there is someone else with a story that is just like theirs! Have a great day!

Troy and Rachel said...

What great photos and I like your family photo on the side! That's so neat that they have each other and so much in common and it's great that you all make time for the visits!!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Look how tiny they look in the Russia photo. It's truly amazing what a year at home can do. They are so precious together, and it's so special that they'll always share this special day with each other.

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Your letter to Max was so sweet and will be so special as he gets older. He and Mikayla are so precious together, and I can't believe how much he has changed! Wow! And I love that he says "Texas Yeehaw!" That is so cute! What an amazing bond these 2 will share for their entire lives!

Becky and Keith said...

What gorgeous pictures! (I LOVE the picture of the 3 of you on your sidebar!). How awesome to have the connection between your families for a lifetime - it will mean so much to Max later in life. You're an awesome mom!

junglemama said...

What a beautiful story! Thank so much for sharing it. Are the two of you moms good friends too?

Jane and Jim said...

That little Max is one of the cutest little boys I've EVER seen!! Love the pics!