We just ended the annual Myrtle Beach bike week. Every year hundreds of thousands of bikers invade our town. Its a fun time of year, and it is great for the local economy. The traffic sucks and the noise is difficult to handle but locals really look forward to the fun too (even us non-motorcycle people). The noise at night is harder to take with a little one especially at night but Max LOVED to see all the motorcycles this past week. We live right on the strip where they like to ride in Murrells Inlet- so we see a lot of them.
I guess this post is about the male species. My son is obsessed with airplanes, tractors, helicopters, cars, boats, trucks... well, you get the idea. With this obsession I have realized that he has "sound effects" for every one of them. If Max is talking about one of these motorized things he make the sound effect with it. So my conclusion is that boys come with their own sound effects- girls not so much. Little girls seem to like to talk when playing or explaining things... not "the rocket goes CRRRR BBBBMMM" (with hand motions) but more like "the rocket flew high up in the sky"
So, you probably see what I am getting at. If this way of communication starts so young, then I am starting to understand the whole men are from Mars theory. Cliff is also obsessed with anything with a motor, therefore we have many things with motors. What is it with them!!! And they complain that we want new handbags or want to get our nails done? Seriously! I am learning about these men, while watching my 3 year old... it is really true, the older they get the bigger their toys get.
Max is fascinated with helicopters so Cliff took him on a helicopter ride from one of his clients. I am still trying to find out who the ride was really for, my 31 year old or my 3 year old. Either way they both had fun.

6 comments:
I LOVE the slideshow! Max looks so big! Alex is totally into all things boys as well.
Bike week sounds like great fun!!! My little guy is like Max with sound effects. A car isn't a car - it's a vroom, vroom!! Sounds like Max is having the time of his life.
The helicopter ride sounds awesome! I love seeing the pictures of Max and his boy toys!
We were in Charleston at this time last year and then came to Myrtle Beach one evening, and there were soooo many bikers! The traffic was crazy, too! It seems like a fun time for the town! It sounds like Max is doing great and that he is "all boy!"
Our son always like to make noises when talking about lightening and thunder too with lots of hand claps and food stomps. Their little imaginations are so cute. For three years, I was surrounded by two boys and their toys, so I understand!!
The bike weeks sounds fun. Why didn't you plan your wedding during this week? The noise would sound good in the wedding video.
Love the slideshow! The comment on the picture of Cliff looking at the motorcycle made me laugh out loud. If you can figure out how to get boys to stop buying more toys PLEASE tell me. Keith is unstoppable. Your little boy is getting so big! I'm so jealous he is growing up on the water... ahhh... to be a beach baby!
Post a Comment