
This time of year is extremely busy for everyone! In the television industry we are wrapping up our budgets, trying to finish up negotiating annual spending for our advertisers, and I am going out of my mind scheduling Holiday specials and changing mid-season programming due to the writer's strike. I hope everyone watched Shriek the Halls- it was sooo cute and a new Christmas classic. Click on the ABC Primetime below- this is going to be my new favorite show! Its a little Sex in the City and Desperate Housewives rolled into one.
ABC Primetime
Today is the 4th day in the 80's here in Myrtle Beach. We had all the windows open last night. I have to say it can be a little hard to get into the Christmas spirit when you have your AC blasting in your car. Luckily nothing can keep the Christmas spirit from my house!!! We have 2 trees, lights on the outside and MAX!!! I remember how sad I was last Christmas. All I had was a picture of Max and word that I had to wait for CHI to get re-accredited before I could go on trip one. Well that was supposed to happen at the end of Nov '06. So... All of you waiting- it will happen!!! It will work out accreditation or not!
Last year I was so depressed, Christmas Day we fed people at the Salvation Army which surprisingly is always a pick me up and then we went to Graceland! I am not even an Elvis fan. We had sooo much fun. We did all the downtown stuff and Elvis stuff- things I would never have thought of doing in a million years but it was our last Christmas as non-parents. We even stayed at the Heart Break hotel. You can't get cheesier then that!
This year is Max's very first Christmas- now I know he is almost 3 years old, but it really is "baby's first Christmas" He is not grasping the whole idea just yet but he does know who Santa is. I think he likes him from afar. We tried to get a picture of Max with Santa but the closer we got to Santa, the more Max wanted nothing to do with him. We will try again this weekend.
The funniest thing is that he started calling Christmas trees- "don't touch it" I have him now saying Christmas tree!!! I guess he repeats what he hears...
Max has been doing great. I can't believe he has only been here almost 6 months. It feels like he has been here forever. I just don't remember what it was like before he came home. Maybe next Christmas we will have a sibling for him.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
The Crazy Christmas Season!
Posted by Sira at 11:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I loved Shrek the Halls!! Great pictures of Max - He is completely adorable. I wasn't much on sitting with Santa as a child so I understand Max's sentiments. Sounds like you are busy, busy!! Happy Holidays.
How cute is he?!!! I love the "don't touch it." I laughed out loud. You're so right, they just repeat what they hear! Wow, the difference in the way we feel this year versus last year. It's great, isn't it? It really is "Baby's 1st Christmas," and Owen has a shirt and bib to advertise it! What a special Christmas this one is. Who knows what the next year holds for us!!
Sira -
The pictures of Max are great! I'm so happy that your 1st Christmas as a family has been so much fun already! Plus you are right who knows what next year may hold for all of us! I know that at my house I've been talking to IV & saying 'the pretty christmas tree is to look at... not touch and pull everything off!' She's like yeah right Manda wait till you go in the other room... I'll show you pretty to look at! LOL Merry Christmas & I love all the Christmas specials!
Mandy
Has it been six months? It seems like yesterday I was reading about your trip in Vlad.
I too loved the "don't touch it" comment. Kids are so cute and oh, so honest! Gotta love em!
It sounds like your holidays are going well and very busy. Having a child truly brings out the Christmas spirit in all of us!
I love the Christmas pictures of Max, especially the ones with the reindeer antlers!
We Tivo'd the Shrek Christmas special, so we will have to watch it soon!
Have fun with Max at Christmas! :)
I loved Shrek the Halls and will definitely be checking out the new show. You have the cutest little moose. :-) I hope you guys have a great Christmas. Can't wait to hear more about Max's first Xmas!
Hope Max had a wonderful first Christmas!
Max is such a cutie! I hope he had a wonderful "first Christmas!"
Post a Comment