

I survived the drive to Ohio. Did I mention I hate driving. I am a frequent flyer, well I was until I realized that there are now three of us plus the dogs. It took 9 1/2 hours to get from Myrtle Beach to Waverly Ohio. I was so tired of that Tahoe!!! Max did pretty good. He watched his Elmo DVDs the whole time and fell asleep 20 minute before we arrived. 
Max finally got to meet my oldest brother and his family. My sister's family was there as well as my parents. Everyone was there but Michale and Trisha (in NY). Including Max there was a total of 14 for dinner. He had the best time. He kept busy running around with his cousins. He imitated my two nephews' every move. It was really cute to see him want to be like the "big boys". They did a lot of swimming! He is fitting in just perfectly. He loved all of the attention! 

Max also had his very first night away from his parents. Due to the fact there were so many people Cliff and I stayed at a hotel in Waverly. Max was busy playing so much that he hardly noticed we left with some of the others to go bowling. He did great! He fell asleep around 730pm and slept until 2am. He made his Grandfather watch Elmo (again) for 2 hrs. He never cried. I think it was because he had his bear Bixby with him. He has had this bear since Russia and it's now like his security blanket. My Mom then spent the last hour with him coloring until he fell back asleep at 5am. When he asked for us they just said that we were asleep and that seemed to satisfy him. He then didn't get back up until 930am. 
So now begins the kick off the the Christmas season. We are going to have two trees. The big one in the livingroom and then the beach themed tree in the breakfast room. Hopefully I will have everything up soon and post pictures of both of the trees. It is really neat to decorate for Max. He hasn't quite grasped the whole concept of Santa or the decorations but he is starting to say "Christmas"!
Oh yeah- due to the heavy volume of traffic it took us 13 hours to get home! Ouch!!!! A big shout out to Cliff for being so nice to me and not throwing me out to fend for myself in West Virginia~
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
First Thanksgiving
Posted by Sira at 4:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Glad you all had a good Thanksgiving!
Max did so well and it sounds like (driving excluded) that you had a great time.
Quick question - you mentioned in your post on our blog that Max did not like meat. What have you been feeding him instead?
We are having luck with Gerber baby food meat but hope it is short term thing.
We are glad to hear that your Thanksgiving weekend went well. Max was such a trooper and I'm sure your parents loved the one on one time (even if it was in the wee hours of the morning).
Max is so cute and I love how he has attached to the bear. I think it is good for a child to have a blanket or toy to help soothe them.
Two trees. I cannot wait to see them. We've gotten one up and decorated and that is it for me this year. I've always wanted to do two, but I don't think I will want to take two down this year as we will be preparing for our little one.
Looking forward to the Christmas updates.
Sira - Thank you so much for your comment on my crabby blog post! :-) Your words were so kind and uplifting - I needed that. I'm so glad you had a great Thanksgiving - Max is such a handsome young man!
What a great turkey!
Post a Comment