CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 19, 2007

Look out for pirates



I am posting these pictures of Max because I find it fitting. You see we live in Murrells Inlet which was founded by pirates. Well, not just any pirates- Blackbeard and Drunkin’ Jack. We live in a wonderful seaside town with beautiful waterway creeks full of shrimp and oysters and ancient oaks covered in good old Spanish moss. So, yes Max is basically growing up on the set of Dawson’s Creek…


A few weeks ago Mandi tagged me and I am just now listing the 8 interesting things about myself

1. I am obviously a BIG slacker

2. I am not much of a cook.

3. I am freakishly really good at math- so good that back in school I would fake that I didn't know the answers (ever seen Mean Girls) that’s me

4. I originally majored in Marine Biology in college

5. I have traveled to over 17 countries.

6. I have a tattoo of a ladybug.

7. I am starting to form a very unhealthy attraction to Elmo

8. If I read a book I cannot throw it out or lend it out, I have to put it on the bookshelf beside the last book I read- it must be an OCD thing- sounds really psychotic now that I wrote it down.


Post Placement

We just had our first post placement report. It went great. I was supposed to have a wedding date by Friday for my social worker; however I decided to start interviewing wedding planners. She just laughed. I think we have been engaged longer then some people’s marriages! I promise to make sure all of the adoptive parents and parents- to- be are invited. I promise it will be worth the wait. I just have never been the girl that wants to plan a wedding. Thankfully God made wedding planners! I will keep everyone posted. I promise a date will come soon so stay tuned.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone out there too. We will be driving to Ohio tomorrow. I am no fan of road trips but I am excited to spend Max's very first Thanksgiving with my family and meet his Aunt, Uncle, and cousins from Illinois. It will be a house full of food, family, and fun.

6 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Have a great trip and a Happy Thanksgiving. The little Pirate is adorable!!

Carey and Norman said...

Loved the pirate costume. He is adorable.

I was a big fan of Dawson's Creek when it first aired. Loved the scenery too, so you are living in one of my dream retirement areas.

Glad to hear the post placement visit went well. We also look forward to hearing about your wedding date and wedding plans. How exciting!!

Nancy said...

Love the pirate look!
Glad your post placement went well.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd elope instead of a big wedding! :)

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Becky and Keith said...

You have the cutest little pirate! :-) You made me laugh out loud about your wedding... I remember that same feeling! Definitely hire someone to plan it - it'll lessen the stress and you can sit back and enjoy your big day! Hope you are having a great Thanksgiving - you definitely have a little boy to be very thankful for!

Anonymous said...

The little pirate spent his first night without Mama and Papa and survived. Grandpa and Grandma go limited sleep but all went well. Max wasn’t bad, just didn’t want to sleep and wanted to watch Elmo and play.

Anonymous said...

i am just now getting caught up on your blogs, so this is a comment for 2 of them. first, your pictures from boone are amazing! life really is so much more full now, isn't it? second, i have an unhealthy DISLIKE for elmo! i specifically request people not give us anything elmo that speaks. and i married a man who is freakishly good at math...because i am the total opposite! darren and i got almost identical scores on our GMATs, but scored in the oppostite categories. i was just surprised i passed. not that i ever got my MBA, but i could have!