

This is a very fitting title because I came to work with Cheerios stuck to my shirt. I am so glamorous aren't I? For the past 4 weeks South Carolina has been ground zero for the political party primaries. Last week the Republicans were in town along with Fox News to do the debates and tonight the Democrats and CNN are here in Myrtle Beach to do their debates. The thing is I LOVE this stuff! Most people hate it and curse all the political ads on television- not me! It's like a Super Bowl or something. I love hearing the strategies and poll numbers on both sides- I know its crazy I must be insane. 
It has been a while since my last post, so I have some updates. First, for Christmas Cliff received a certificate to skydive! Yes that would be jumping out of an airplane. Here he is opening it. He says he's not scared however has yet to book a date. 
Here is Max Christmas morning digging into his stuff!
I am meeting with a wedding planner tomorrow for lunch. I was supposed to meet with her last Tuesday but she had to cancel. I am thinking a fall wedding.
Ok here is the big news...
Sat night was the first time we have ever gotten a babysitter- I picked the babysitter up- sweet girl. She told me that she wanted to bring her little brother (who is also a great kid) so she wasn't alone after Max went to sleep. So I brought home 2 babysitters instead of one.
Max was so excited to see them especially the little boy that was there. Max was being such the little show off! Our friends shortly arrived and we were in the living room chatting and getting ready to walk out the door when Max jumps on the couch right into the end table. It was the loudest thump! I grabbed him, Cliff looked at this head and told me to get in the car were going to the ER. I was a mess. We live a hop skip and a jump from the hospital so it took no time to get there but I held him in the back seat- I didn't even put him in the car seat. It seemed to take forever. Looking back the look on the babysitters faces was priceless!
No stitches- they glued his head. He was too little to be scared of the blood, and he was covered in it! He just told everyone in the ER not to fall down- it was pretty comical. We even saw some guy in hand cuffs with 2 policemen around him and Max pointed at him and said- "you don't fall down" The police laughed- I was MORTIFIED!!!
I was a freaking crazy lady!!! The nurse was so nice. She sat me down and said she has 4 boys and this is just the first of many and God has special angels that look over boys! Then the doctor told me he was fine and to go out and have a drink- He most definitely thought I lost it.
Here is a picture... He is very proud of his first ER visit. He points to it and
says "doctor fix it glue"
This weekend my baby is turning three! His party is going to be at the fire station. Fun fun fun. I can;t wait to let everyone know how it went.
In other news... My good friend Rachel had a successful court date for their little (tiny) girl. They are waiting on travel dates to bring her home- I am so happy for them. Please think of them!
Monday, January 21, 2008
Confessions of A Working Mother
Posted by Sira at 3:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
You survived your first ER visit! Congrats!! There will be more - and if you want to know how I know, just ask Troy. If our child is anything like Troy we'll add him to our current retainer with the hospital! HA! I'm glad Max is okay and the glue worked. So much easier. I'm sorry you missed your night out when you had 2 babysitters. You'll have to try again soon.
thanks for the shout out! i hope Max is feeling better, but the story is STILL a little funny (but only because he's ok) :) Let me know how things went with the wedding planner!
I'm so sorry to hear about Max's first appointment at the ER. Yes, boys will be boys. I got a call about our son burning his hand on the mower exhaust at work. Talk about nervous. Nothing like running out of the door at work not having a clue what happened or how bad it is. I'm glad to see that Max is such a trooper and handled it so well.
I'm excited about the skydiving....don't know that I could do it.
I'm also excited to hear about wedding plans. You'll have to keep us all informed.
Lastly, I'm looking forward to pics from Max's 3rd birthday party. That sounds like such a great idea to have it at the fire station. What a lucky little boy!!
That must've been so scary to take Max to the ER! Good job keeping it together thought! Great pictures from Christmas! Can't wait to hear about the birthday party! Max's birthday must be near mine .... mine is next Wednesday! I'm glad to hear that your friend has a successful court date! Does she have a blog? I hope Max is back to normal in no time I think that is so cute doctor fix it glue! So cute!
Max is seriously just too darn cute! How exciting that he's turning 3...his first birthday with you! He will have a blast at his birthday party I'm sure! Definitely keep us updated on how his birthday goes.
By the way, did you take those first 2 pictures? Were you at the debate?
Skydiving...wow! I'm afraid of heights so I don't think I'd ever do that, but I would consider indoor skydiving (in those wind tunnels).
I hope Max's head is healing alright..poor guy! (Poor Mommy..I know how freaked out you must have been!)
I'm sorry I have to admit I laughed at your story! Isn't it great how Max turned such a scary situation for you into such a funny one? I can totally relate to the hysteria of seeing your child hurt and having to go to the ER without putting him in a carseat! Poor little Max. The picture of him with his injury is so precious.
Oh, I can't believe his birthday is here! He is going to have such a fun time at his fire engine party!! It's such a special time celebrating your first birthday with your child. I can't wait to hear all about it and see more pictures!
Can't wait to hear about the wedding plans too. If Jim and I were to get married again, I would have a Fall wedding too :)
You have such an exciting job! Poor little Max and his bump, but I love the way he handled it - especially talking to the guy in the handcuffs! :-) I know that my first ER trip is going to be horrible! I'm glad to see you post - I love seeing how big Max is getting. He's such a cutie!
I'm sorry to hear about Max's accident with the table! I know that had to be scary, and it sounds like you all did a great job making it through his ER visit! I'm glad he is okay! He looks like he is growing well, too! I hope his birthday party went well and look forward to seeing the pictures!
Post a Comment